Terms and Conditions for participation in the World Alcohol-Free Awards
- 'Awards' shall mean the World Alcohol-Free Awards, held by World Alcohol-Free Awards Ltd.
- 'Data' shall mean all information submitted on the entry form by the Entrant.
- 'Entrant' shall mean the producer/importer/retailer or other party submitting the Entry.
- 'Entry/Entries' shall mean the product entered into the Competition by the Entrant.
- 'Entry Form' shall mean the registration data and product information on the Website.
- 'Judges' shall mean those tasting and assessing the Entries and providing scores and tasting notes.
- 'Organisers' shall mean the company or people fulfilling the Awards.
- 'Producer' shall mean the creator/manufacturer of the Entry.
- 'Website' shall mean the World Alcohol-Free Awards website: www.worldafawards.com
- The World Alcohol-Free Awards (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as 'the Awards') are operated by World Alcohol-Free Awards Ltd. The company's registered address is 10 Scandia Hus Business Park, Felcourt Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, United Kingdom, RH19 2LP.
- For all queries or issues please message the organisers.
Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the Awards. Any persons who breach them may be excluded from entering and/or may be excluded from the Awards. By submitting an entry to the Awards, Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- All Entrants must be over 18 years or over at the date of entry in order to participate in the Awards.
- Entry must be made via the website – www.worldafawards.com. In order to enter, Entrants must first register, providing details including their name, job title, company details, address, email and phone number. They will then be able to upload entries via their dashboard.
- Entries must conform to the specifications set out on the Entry Form. By submitting an Entry Form, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition cannot accept entries over 0.5% abv.
- All entries must be finished, merchantable and in their final container. The Awards will not accept experimental products or tank samples.
- Should the Entrant not also be the Producer, it is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure that the Entry/Entries have all necessary consents and permissions to enter the Awards.
- It is the responsibility of the Entrant to submit their Entry in the correct section of the Awards. Where a product has been incorrectly entered, the Organisers reserve the right to recategorize it for tasting purposes.
- It is the responsibility of the submitter to ensure that products claiming to be halal, vegan, organic or gluten-free are officially certified with an appropriate and reputable body - and that the entry is clearly marked to this effect.
- Each submitted Entry must be accompanied by full payment of the entry fee, by a credit card or bank transfer. If necessary, Entrants may request an invoice from the Organisers.
- Entry costs £149/entry + VAT; US$190 or €190.
- All payments must be received and cleared in the World Alcohol-Free Awards' bank account prior to the Entry being judged.
- No refund or credit of an Entry Fee will be given in any circumstances, including, but not limited to circumstances in which an Entry is disqualified, lost, damaged, withdrawn or fails to arrive on time.
- It is the Entrant's responsibility to ensure that Entries are delivered to the World Alcohol-Free Awards' logistics partner in accordance with the deadlines outlined in the Entry process on the competition's website.
- The Awards will require two bottles of drinks that are served neat or mixed in the style of a spirit and come in bottles of 50/70/75cl sizes.
- The Awards will require four bottles of drinks that are carbonated or ready to serve without dilution in bottles of 50/70/75cl sizes, such as wine and similar products.
- The Awards will require six samples of large/medium-sized cans of 35-50cl.
- The Awards will require eight samples of small cans or bottles (<35cl).
- Entries are transported at the risk of the Entrant. The Awards will not be responsible for loss or damage of any entries at any stage during the delivery or judging process.
- For safe processing of Entries it is ESSENTIAL that products are correctly labelled, as per the information provided on the website. The organisers accept no responsibility for products which are not successfully entered because they are incorrectly labelled.
- Upon completion of the Awards, any unopened entries will either be used for promotional events throughout the year, or sold and the proceeds donated to charity.
- Judging will be carried out blind, with the tasters aware only of price (where submitted), category and key product information as deemed necessary by the organisers.
- Entrants will have no involvement in the appointment of the Judges.
- The number and level of medals is entirely at the discretion of the Judges and Organisers.
- The Judges' decisions will be final and not open to challenge.
- By entering the World Alcohol-Free Awards, entrants agree that, should they have a winning Entry or Entries, they will provide stock in order to take part in any publicity or post-event tastings conducted by the Event.
- Names of all the winners will be published on the Awards' Website after the conclusion of judging and processing of results. Entry names may be edited by the Event to conform with the competition's house style.
- Winning Entries may use the competition's approved promotional material, but ONLY for those products for which the medal applies. Range Awards apply to all of the entered products in a range.
- The World Alcohol-Free Awards logo is the property of the competition, and any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. Unauthorised use may result in a ban, penalty or prosecution.
- Medals may not be reproduced as stickers without written permission. Bottle stickers can be purchased from the World Alcohol-Free Awards Ltd.
- The World Alcohol-Free Awards may vary these T&Cs at any time without notice to the Entrants. Entrants who do not agree to be bound by any changes must withdraw from the Competition.
- All Data will be held on databases operated and maintained by the World Alcohol-Free Awards. Data will be used to maintain business records, send Entrants updates and inform them of results. The organisers will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of this Data.
- The Awards shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, loss of business or loss of reputation. Our total liability to you in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty or otherwise shall not exceed the total entry fees paid by the Entrant in the relevant year.
- Any breach of the T&Cs will result in the disqualification of the Entrant and their Entries and the forfeit of all fees paid.
- The World Alcohol-Free Awards reserves the right to cancel the Awards at any stage and for any reason, including circumstances outside of the Organisers' control.
- In the event of a dispute, the Organisers' decision will be final.
- By entering the competition, the competitor agrees that any disputes will be settled under the jurisdiction of England and Wales.
- The World Alcohol-Free Awards is a licensed trademark of the World Alcohol-Free Awards Ltd.
- These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 12 October 2022.